Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Inspired outfit

The Challenge: 
The 80's cartoons are taking over the fashion world!  Use your favorite 80's cartoon as inspiration for an everyday outfit

I asked my Facebook friends, consulted my husband, trolled my pinterest board of sewing patterns trying to find inspiration. After a lot of thinking this is what I came up with. 




Can you guess my inspiration? Maybe these picture of my son will give you a hint...




I bought this teenage mutant ninja turtle to set up in my sewing area as inspiration. Well, Caleb grabbed it at the park today and wouldn't let it go. 

Okay back to my project. Look at the adorable detail of her tshirt...This is the anytime tee by Shwin Design.


The cardigan and skirt we're adapted from other patterns, but mostly created on my own. The base for the cardigan is the V-neck cardigan by Peek a Boo pattern and the skirt is the whitney skirt by Violette Field and Threads.



The cardigan and t-shirt are made from a bamboo lycra that I bought at Zoelee's. It is so soft that my daughter didn't want to take it off. :) Another successful project!

4 comments:

  1. I love this outfit--I wish I had a purple bamboo cardigan! Great individual pieces, and when they're all together you can really see the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turtle! I have a fondness for TNMT. I was a little older when they came out and was annoyed at first because I share my name with one of them. People kept teasing me about it. I love the outfit you created. It's so much fun and it looks comfortable. I can totally see the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute outfit! So wearable, and great separates too!! The colors are adorable. I'm currently hosting a sewing series called Sew Many Books. there is a sew a long {with prizes!} If you have sewed anything inspired by a book in 2014 I'd love to have you join! Hop over to Nap-Time Creations and check out the series! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the skirt and the green and purple together!

    ReplyDelete