Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hand-me-down Remake

So my challenge was to to make an outfit out of some hand me down clothes. I chose these clothes from my closet, my husbands closet, and the thrift store.


This was my final creation. I was thrilled to make my son some jeans because he's too tall  for one size of pants but too skinny for the next size. He needed some good home made pants. They are my favorite pant pattern, the Nowhere Man Pants by Shwin Design.


The t-shirt was a new pattern I've not sewn before but I was excited to try because it has a lot of options. It is the Adventure Tee by Go To Patterns.  I liked it and will be making more.


Lastly, is the Great Outdoor Vest by Peek a Boo patterns. I love the way my son looks in his new vest but I was disappointed in the pattern. I am fluent in zipper insertion but if you are not this pattern is not for you. Also, the pattern described a zipper stop at the top of the zipper which sounds like a good idea but in reality it did not work out well on this tiny vest.


I used an old college sweatshirt for the vest lining and I used a new knit for the outside of the vest. I decided that remaking old clothes is not for me. I don't see why I should spend a significant amount of time making things out of worn clothes. If I'm going to take the time to make things then I want to make sure they look great and are made out of great fabric that is not worn out. (This is simply my opinion on this project.)




1 comment:

  1. Cute outfit. Looks great on your tall, skinny, good-looking model. He's lucky to have a sewing momma.
    Deborah @ Sew Much To Give

    ReplyDelete